Elevate your apéro with our Chaga Blinis! Made with buckwheat flour and infused with natural Nordic chaga tea, these blinis are a flavorful twist on a classic favorite. Serve them with your favorite toppings for a delightful Nordic-inspired appetizer!
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Recipe: Mika Jokela
Photo: Jarkko Viitasaari
Crockery: Mika Jokela
- Prepare the tea by adding ½ tsp Natural Nordic chaga groats to 1.5 dl of boiling water. Infuse for at least 15 minutes or even overnight.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm milk.
- Whisk in the flour and let the batter rise for two hours.
- Add the egg yolks, sour cream, melted butter, chaga tea, and salt into the batter. Mix well
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold them into the batter.
- Pour enough batter into the pan to get thick blinis. Fry them over a medium heat until evenly browned on both sides.
- Serve hot with sides of your choice (e.g. horn of plenty mousse, vendace roe, red onion compote).