Savor the earthy flavors of chaga and nettle in our Chaga Nettle Flatbread! Made with a blend of chaga tea, olive oil, and nettle powder, this flatbread is a perfect accompaniment to any meal. Enjoy the taste of Nordic wilderness in every bite!
Chaga nettle flatbread
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Condiments and bread
Recipe: Saara Kiuru
Photo: Natural Nordic
Crockery: Tuula Heikkinen
- Preparation: The previous evening, prepare the chaga tea (see instructions for chaga tea recipe).
- Once you have the chaga tea ready, gather all the other ingredients for the flatbread.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine all ingredients. Ensure you mix just enough to bring everything together – avoid overworking the dough as excessive kneading can affect the texture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or lightly grease it. Pour the dough onto the tray.
- Sprinkle the surface of the dough with buckwheat flour. Gently pat the dough, spreading it out flat across the tray to achieve your desired thickness.
- Place the baking tray into the oven when it has warmed and bake the flatbread for 15-20 minutes, or until it's lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- After baking, remove the flatbread from the oven.
- Slice and serve the flatbread while it's still warm. It pairs perfectly with a pat of butter.
Variation: If you wish to experiment with flavors, consider substituting the nettle powder with Natural Nordic Wild Power or nettle-lingonberry powder.
Flatbread is suitable for vegan, non-dairy, lactose-free, gluten-free diets (use gluten-free oats/ buckwheat).
Enjoy your homemade chaga-nettle flatbread!