Delight your taste buds with our Bilberry Pannacotta! Featuring a creamy texture and a burst of bilberry flavor, this dessert is a modern twist on a classic favorite. Experience the elegance of Nordic cuisine with each spoonful!
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Recipe: Jouni Törmänen
Photo: Samuli Vienola
- Begin by placing the gelatine leaves in cold water, letting them soak until they soften.
- Pour 3.5dl of double cream into a saucepan.
- Split the vanilla pod in half lengthwise and scrape out its seeds.
- Add the vanilla seeds, sugar, and lemon zest to the saucepan containing the double cream.
- Stir the ingredients in the saucepan until combined and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
- After reaching a simmer, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Take the softened gelatine leaves from the cold water, squeezing them to get rid of any excess water, and then add them to the warm cream mixture.
- Cover the saucepan and let the mixture infuse for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whip up some cream until it's stiff, then refrigerate to keep it cool.
- Once the cream mixture has infused, strain it through a sieve into another bowl to ensure it's smooth.
- Add the bilberry powder to this sieved mixture, stirring well.
- Gradually fold in the chilled whipped cream, ensuring the two are combined evenly. You can use a whisk or a scraper for this.
- Line a 25cm x 7cm ramekin with plastic wrap.
- Pour the combined cream mixture into the prepared ramekin.
- Refrigerate the mixture for several hours, allowing the pannacotta to set.
- Once set, invert the pannacotta onto a serving plate. If desired, you can accompany it with a dollop of whipped cream, which can be flavored to your liking with additives like cinnamon, lemon, vanilla, or liqueur.
Enjoy your bilberry Pannacotta!