Enjoy a flavorful main course with our Chicken Cutlets featuring a tangy nettle-lingonberry yogurt sauce! With tender chicken cutlets and a creamy yogurt sauce infused with natural Nordic flavors, this dish is a perfect balance of comfort and elegance. Treat yourself to a taste of Nordic cuisine tonight!
Nettle-lingonberry yogurt sauce for chicken cutlets
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Recipe: Sachiko Stenroos & Team
Photo: Sachiko Stenroos
- 2 chicken breasts (large)
- a pinch of salt, pepper
- a moderate amount of flour and breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
oil for frying
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Natural Nordic nettle-lingonberry powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- To prepare the sauce, drain the yogurt.
- Mix all the ingredients and whisk together with the yogurt. Put it into the fridge to stay cool.
- Open the chicken breasts by cutting them in half in the thickest part.
- Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap. Starting in the center and working out to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet until the chicken is even in thickness (approximately 1.5 times the original size).
- Remove the plastic wrap and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Prepare three trays, one with flour, one with the lightly beaten egg, and one with breadcrumbs.
- Coat chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip flour-coated chicken in egg and let excess egg drip back into the tray.
- Dip egg-coated chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Add a little oil (2 cm) to the frying pan and preheat it to 170 °C.
- Let the chicken breasts slide gently into the oil. Cook each side until golden (light brown) and cooked through. Drain on a tray.
- Place chicken cutlets on plates with yogurt sauce and sprinkle Natural Nordic nettle-lingonberry powder on the top for color and taste.