Add a burst of flavor to your dishes with our Red Onion Compote with Herbs! Made with red onions, jam sugar, and a blend of herbs, including Natural Nordic nettle-bilberry, nettle-lingonberry, or Wild Power powder, this compote is a perfect accompaniment to cheese, meats, and more. Enjoy the tangy sweetness of Nordic onions in every bite!
Red onion compote with herbs
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Apero and snacks
Recipe: Mika Jokela
Photo: Jarkko Viitasaari
Crockery: Mika Jokela
- Cut the onions first in half and then vertically into slices.
- Place the slices in a pan.
- Add sugar, vinegar and red wine. Heat, stirring, until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Season with the herb powders or herbs.
Great with Chaga blinis