Treat yourself to a flavorful salad with our Chanterelle Caesar Salad! Featuring tender chanterelle mushrooms, crisp lettuce, and a creamy Caesar dressing, this salad is a delicious blend of textures and flavors. Enjoy a taste of Nordic comfort in every bite!
Chanterelle Caesar salad
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Breakfast and light lunch
Recipe: Jouni Törmänen
Photo: Samuli Vienola
- 20g Natural Nordic dried chanterelle
- 1 Cosmopolitan (or Romaine) salad
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl Caesar salad dressing
- 50g herb croutons
- 50g bacon
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ground black pepper
- Soak the chanterelle mushrooms in 1.5 dl of boiling water for 20 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are soaking, take the lettuce and slice each head lengthwise into six even pieces. Arrange the lettuce pieces neatly on individual serving plates.
- Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add 0.5 liters of water and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to the boiling water.
- Break each egg into separate small bowls. This will make it easier to pour them into the boiling water. Carefully drop each egg into the boiling water, ensuring they don’t break.
- Let the eggs simmer in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- By this time, the mushrooms should be rehydrated. Drain the excess water from them.
- Heat a pan and add some clarified butter. Once the butter is hot, quickly sauté the mushrooms until they’re golden brown. Season them with salt, pepper, and minced garlic to taste.
- Once the eggs are done, use a slotted spoon to carefully remove them from the boiling water and drain any excess liquid. Place a poached egg on each lettuce piece arranged on the plates.
- Add the sautéed mushrooms over the lettuce and eggs, followed by some croutons.
- Drizzle each serving with Caesar dressing to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy your Caesar salad with mushrooms! Bon appétit!
Optional: For an added touch of flavor and texture, sprinkle fried bacon pieces on top of each salad.