Add a burst of flavor to your breakfast with our Blackcurrant Marmalade! Made with Natural Nordic blackcurrant powder, this marmalade is a perfect balance of sweet and tangy. Spread it on toast or pair it with your favorite cheese for a delicious treat!
Rated 4.0 stars by 2 users
Recipe: Natural Nordic
Photo: Natural Nordic
- 1 l water
- 340g sugar
- 1.3 dl glucose syrup
- 4 tbsp agar agar powder
- 4 tbsp Natural Nordic blackcurrant powder
(or 4 tbsp Natural Nordic ORGANIC blackcurrant powder)
- 1 dl water or other liquid
- In a saucepan, combine water (1 l), sugar, glucose syrup, and agar agar. Boil, then simmer for 30 minutes until clear.
- Blend 4 tbsp berry powder with 1 dl water.
- Pour berry mixture together with sugar mixture into the saucepan while stirring thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to a square mold and let it set overnight.
- Cut the marmalade into pieces and let the pieces dry for several hours or overnight.
- Pour some berry powder on a plate and roll the dried marmalade pieces in it.
- Your home-made marmalade is ready to be served or packed as a tasty gift.
You may divide the sugar mixture and use different berry powders to make candies in different colors and flavors. Try e.g. sea buckthorn, lingonberry, cranberry or a combination of different berries.
For an adult twist, blend berry powder with your favorite liqueur instead of water.